The Hungerford Family Foundation, Inc. (THFFI) scholarship program facilitates the educational aspirations of young scholars who:
- Are either members of THFFI (whether by an Individual or Family membership) or the child or grandchild of a member,
- Have been awarded at least a high school (or equivalent) degree,
- Have been accepted by an accredited educational institution of higher learning offering a vocational skills training program, an undergraduate degree program, or a post-graduate degree program, and
- Submit a fully-completed application in timely manner.
The Foundation will award successful applicants a scholarship of at least $1,000. The decision of the Foundation regarding the selection of award recipients and the amount of any scholarship is the sole prerogative of the Foundation and is not appealable.
Applicants must follow the application instructions carefully since a failure to do so likely will cause rejection of the application. Successful applications must comply with all of the following criteria:
- A complete application package for an academic year commencing on or after August 15 comprised of:
- a fully completed typewritten, and signed application form,
- a recent three (3) inch by five (5) inch photograph (optional but recommended and preferably a graduation photo if provided),
- at least one (1) and preferably three (3) letters of recommendation, and
- a chart showing the Applicant's Hungerford lineage, and
- Mailed or emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org to be received no later than (i.e., not postmarked by) March 31.
Applicants should download all three of the following when commencing the application process:
THFFI Scholarship Applicant Letter
THFFI Scholarship Reference Letter Guidelines
THFFI Scholarship Application Form
Applicants will need to find one (preferably three) people to write your letters of recommendation by mid to late February so that they can be sure to receive their sealed envelopes early enough for them to meet the filing deadline. Recommendation letters should be either typewritten or printed.
The Foundation expects to announce the recipients of scholarship awards on or before July 1.