The Hungerford Family Foundation, Inc. (THFFI) was incorporated at the end of 2014 for the purpose of creating a Hungerford World Tree accompanied by fully-documented profiles of Hungerfords.
THFFI welcomes anyone who is descended from any Hungerford, especially folks whose last name is not Hungerford. THFFI is trying to connect all living persons to their Hungerford Ancestry and provide them with access to documentation not found anywhere else “under one roof.”
THFFI is replicating and supplementing the content of Stanley W. Hungerford’s Hungerford genealogy book.* We are placing that material here on-line rather than publishing it in book form.
THFFI also is a public charity under Section 501(c)(3) of the United States Internal Revenue Code. Donations are fully deductible for United States tax purposes.
In order to meet those objectives and maintain public charity status, the THFFI Mission is to do all of the following:
- Establish an on-line Hungerford World Tree expanding Stanley W. Hungerford’s work,
- Provide an on-line Surnames Database of fully-documented Hungerford & associated family surnames and materials,
- Establish an on-line Library of photographs, manuscripts, bibles, vital records & other materials,
- Provide an on-line database of Hungerford & associated family medical issues that could be important to descendants,
- Undertake genealogical research about Hungerford & associated families throughout the world,
- Preserve & replace Hungerford gravestones,
- Undertake educational activities about significant historic events involving Hungerfords dating back to early England, and
- Establish a “bricks and mortar” research library, archives & museum for the preservation of original historical artifacts, manuscripts, bibles, photographs and other materials,
The funding of scholarships is an important use of contributions for purposes of maintaining the tax exempt status of the Foundation.
Contributions not devoted to scholarships will be used for genealogical research, establishment and maintenance of the Hungerford Surnames Database, Library and Medical Database, replacement of grave stones and similar worthy endeavors. Contributions also will underwrite the cost of providing communications to members about Hungerford research discoveries, meetings of members, and other matters of interest.
*A Summary Of The Families Hungerford, Descendants of Thomas of Connecticut Including A Brief History of the Hungerford Family In England from the 12th Century, And Descendants of: Thomas of Ireland, William of Maryland, and Thomas of Maryland, 2nd edition, 1980 (second printing - 1982) (FHL Microfiche #6088572).