• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Flickr

On July 13, 2013 a plaque honoring the memory of Congressman John Newton Hungerford (SH262) was unveiled at the building he helped refurbish via a generous donation to his alma mater Hamilton College in 1872. It was renamed Hungerford Hall and remained so until 1906 when it was razed for a new building which was inexplicably given the name South Residence Hall. Andre James Hungerford (US1189) led an effort using his time and money to have the memory of this man maintained by the placement of this plaque at the entrance to the building that replaced Hungerford Hall.

View File


← Go Back