This is an article titled "Family poised to regain ancestors' castle" published in the September 28, 1989 edition of The Independent. It describes briefly the original acquisition of the castle in 1369 by Thomas Hungerford and sold in 1686 by Sir Edward Hungerford for £56,000 to pay debts. The article ends by summarizing the acquisition of the castle by Rev. Robin Hungerford and his plans once possession was to be taken in 1990.
This item was contributed to THFFI by Stanley W. Hungerford from his collection of correspondence and other materials.