The Hungerford Family Foundation, Inc. (THFFI) scholarship program recognizes the scholarly endeavors of THFFI members who:
- Are members of the THFFI (whether by virtue of an Individual or Family membership),
- Have been awarded at least a high school (or equivalent) degree,
- Have been accepted by an accredited educational institution of higher learning offering a vocational skills training program, an undergraduate degree program, or a post-graduate degree program, and
- Submit a fully-completed application in timely manner.
The Foundation will award successful applicants a scholarship of at least $1,000. The decision of the Foundation regarding the selection of award recipients and the amount of any scholarship is the sole prerogative of the Foundation and is not appealable.
Applicants must follow the application instructions carefully since a failure to do so likely will cause rejection of the application. Successful applications must comply with all of the following criteria:
- A complete application package for an academic year commencing on or after August 15 comprised of: (A) a fully completed typewritten, and signed application form, (B) a recent three (3) inch by five (5) inch photograph (preferably a graduation photo), (C) three (3) letters of recommendation in sealed envelopes, and (D) a chart showing the Applicant's Hungerford lineage, and
- Be mailed to the Foundation to be received no later than (i.e., not postmarked by) March 31.
Applicants should download all three of the following when commencing the application process:
Applicants will need to find three people to write your letters of recommendation by mid to late February so that they can be sure to receive their sealed envelopes early enough for them to meet the filing deadline. Recommendation letters should be either typewritten or printed.
The Foundation expects to announce the recipients of scholarship awards on or before June 1.