The Foundation knows that you care about how we might use and share your information. We assure you that we employ best practices in the very limited ways in which we do so. By visiting this website and sharing any information with us, you are accepting our privacy practices.
The Foundation does not gather any personal information about you or anyone else other than information that is either publicly available or provided by you or other members voluntarily. Living people can be seen in our database. The database is not available to the public and access is restricted solely to members. By joining THFFI, you signify that you will not make any of the information in the database available to the public.
We receive and store only that information that you either enter on this website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information (such as your age in the case of calculating your dues for a Lifetime Membership), but then you might not be able to take advantage of the lifetime dues option. We use information that you provide for purposes like responding to your requests and communicating with you.
Thus, most of the information in the possession of the Foundation is voluntarily provided by Members in the course of joining the Foundation and paying dues, adding information to the site, purchasing Hungerford merchandise, or applying for a scholarship.
The Foundation does not use your information for any purpose other than the purpose for which it was given to the Foundation. The Foundation will never sell or share your information without your prior written consent unless required by law (in which case we will tell you about it to the extent permitted by law).
Members of THFFI who have any concerns about their personal information and/or wish to have the Foundation remove them from distribution of Foundation communications can contact the Foundation with their questions/requests.
Members of THFFI and the public are advised that THFFI includes copyrighted works (articles, photographs, etc.) pursuant to the "Fair Use" doctrine under United States law. Fair use is one of the limitations to copyright that balances the interests of copyright holders with the public interest in the wider distribution and use of creative works by allowing certain limited uses that might otherwise be considered infringement.
The fair use of a copyrighted work, including use by reproduction in copies, for purposes such as teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright under U.S. law. THFFI makes copyrighted materials available to its members solely for educational, scholarship, and research purposes. THFFI nevertheless endeavors to obtain written permission to use copyrighted works while maintaining its right to use the material without that permission.
We protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information that you input. We transmit only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming a transaction. Obviously, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during transaction processing.
We do not store your credit card information. That information does not come into our hands. Rather, it is transmitted directly and automatically to our merchant banking service provider without our seeing it.
It is essential that you protect against unauthorized access to your username and password as well as unauthorized use of your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
All of the material made available on this site is the property of The Hungerford Family Foundation, Inc. (THFFI). All users of the THFFI website and databases shall agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
- Users receive a limited license to download and use Library materials strictly for their sole use;
- Users' use of the material is limited to that user and that user alone;
- Users are prohibited from providing copies of THFFI material to any other person or entity;
- Users are prohibited from forwarding any THFFI material to any other person or entity;
- Users are prohibited from posting any THFFI material to any website or other electronic facility that can be accessed by anyone other than than the user without the written permissionof THFFI;
- By accessing the THFFI website, users agree that THFFI may file suit for liquidated damages in the amount of $500 per page per violation and the users will reimburse THFFI for its costs of collection, including attorney fees;
- By accessing the THFFI website, users agree that they will forfeit my membership in THFFI immediately; and
- By accessing the THFFI website, users agree that they be prohibited from ever rejoining THFFI.